1. Is the paper titled “Safety and Efficacy of the BNT162b2 mRNA Covid-19 Vaccine” a peer reviewed publication? How can you tell?
2. Does this paper describe a randomized clinical control study or an epidemiological study? Identify at least one pro and one con of that type of study.
3. What is the sample size used in the study described in this paper?
4. Identify one example of a dependent variable in the study described in this paper.
5. Identify one example of an independent variable in the study described in this paper.
6. Identify one example of quantitative data listed in Table 1 of this paper.
7. Identify one example of qualitative data listed in Table 1 of this paper.
8. What type of data is age? Identify all that apply from the following list: binary, continuous, discrete, nominal, ordinal.
9. What is one hypothesis that the authors of this paper might have been testing? Do you think they accepted or rejected that hypothesis based on the data shown? (Note: you can answer this question from looking only at the title page, but it may be easier to look at the data shown later in the paper).
10. Based on what you’ve read about this paper, what do you think the conclusion or take-home message is of the paper?