Assignment 4: United States Department of Labor Case Study Due Week 8 and worth 150 points
· Go to the United States Department of Labor Website to read “Health Plans and Benefits” at http://www.dol.gov/dol/topic/health-plans/cobra.htm. This Website communicates the current regulations and federal involvement in employee benefits. Navigate the Website to become familiar with its contents. Write a five to seven (5-7) page paper in which you:
1. Describe the major features of this Website and how each feature can be used to monitor employee benefits.
2. Explain how employers could verify that their employee benefits comply with all federal laws by using this resource.
3. Explain how employees would use this information to ensure their benefits rights are protected.
4. Create an outline of the Website so that you could orient others to its usefulness for regulatory compliance.
5. Use at least five (5) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
· Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
· Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
· Explain a benefit plan as part of an overall competitive compensation strategy and the policies to administer the benefits.
· Evaluate organizational policies that facilitate the administration of benefits.
· Use technology and information resources to research issues in total rewards.
· Write clearly and concisely about total rewards using proper writing mechanics.
Click here to view the grading rubric for this assignment.
Please use reference: WorldatWork (2007). The WorldatWork handbook of compensation, benefits, and total rewards. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons