Assignment 3: Ethics and Communication Paper
When communicating, we make decisions regarding what information to include and what information to exclude from our messages. Communication decisions have legal and ethical dimensions. Business communicators must consider the impact of their messages to ensure that receivers are not misled.
In this assignment, students will write about current news and events that focus on business ethics in communication. There are many examples that students can reflect on and research within local, national, and world news. Students will demonstrate and reflect on the impact and importance of ethics in communication.
Students are required to write a paper that is seven to eight pages in length, including a cover page, table of contents, and reference page. The paper must follow APA format, include appropriate headings and sub-headings, and at least five scholarly citations (e.g., peer-reviewed articles, textbooks, etc.). See the rubric for grading criteria. Suggested headings are listed below:
- Overview, Introduction, or Background
- Summary of news or articles
- Impact of Ethics in Communication
- The relevance of the content toward ethics and communication
- Consequences or impact on the subject, organization, and/or society
- Importance of Ethics in Business
- Discussion or Reflection
- The implication of the lesson learned.