Course Project Questions:
1. Describe the unique DNA of Apigee. Specifically, examine the strengths and weaknesses of Apigee’s culture of freedom and empowerment.
2. What specific HR management activities should Apigee follow to support its core values of passion, a bias for action, and respect?
3. Identify the risk factors associated with Apigee’s people management strategies. How can Apigee mitigate these risks?
4. What changes are needed to Apigee’s people management strategy as the number of employees rapidly expands?
5. Identify a theoretical framework that would help to explain the people management practices at Apigee. Could Apigee’s human resources strategy be examined in view of specific theoretical models? Give reasons for your answer.
6. Using the model proposed by Lafley and Charan, analyze how Apigee was able to drive innovation.
Prepare a 5+ page response to these questions. Cite source material utilized; a minimum of 5 sources (including the case and textbook) should be utilized in your response.