HPRO-7183-M50/410 – Lifestyle/Wellness/Disease – 21331/21341
You are the Director of Coordinated School Health for a large school district. Michelle is a teacher who is anxious to develop a healthy lifestyle by starting an activity program. She has completed her health assessment and has received clearance from her physician to begin an activity program. She has come to you to get recommendations on how to proceed. Results from her fitness assessment and physical are below.
You will develop an Individual Activity Plan that includes a Summary of her Health History and Identification of health risks based on outcomes of each of the assessments. You will calculate, present and explain BMI, Waist-to-Hip ratio, Heart Rate Training Zone and Ideal Body Weight –be sure to show the calculation for each. You will then develop an activity plan (using the FITT principle) that encourages both Cardiorespiratory and Muscular Strength/Endurance. Finally, you will identify possible barriers and supports for the activity plan and identify strategies that will help lead to success.
Michelle is an African American female, 40 years old, 170 pounds, 5’4” tall, and 38% body fat. Blood chemistry values indicate that total cholesterol > 270 ml/d., HDL cholesterol = 40 mg/dl, and LDL cholesterol = 230 mg/dl; Triglycerides = 210, and Glucose = 90. She is a teacher and single mother of three children ages 8, 12, and 15. Her blood pressure is 150/88, resting HR is 86bpm and she reports a normal resting EKG. Her waist is 37 inches and his Hips are 43 inches. Both of her parents are alive and in good health. She gets no regular physical exercise and is a non-smoker.
Please use APA general guidelines for paper format and use the following as section heading: (Health History, Risk Factors, Body Composition, Exercise Intensity, Exercise Recommendations, Potential Barriers, Supports, Program Summary, Worksheet.
- Paragraph 1: Health History(Summarize)
- Paragraph 2: Risk Factors (Discuss risk factors, level of risks and potential issues that may impact activity recommendations)
- Paragraph 3: Body Composition
- Why are BMI, waist-to-hip ratio, and body fat compositionimportant?
- What is the participant’s BMI and Waist-to-Hip ratio? What is the level of risk for each?
- What is the Ideal Body Weightif for a body composition of 15% body fat?
- Paragraph 4: Exercise Intensity
- Target Heart Rate: What is it? What is the participant’s target ZONE using the Karnoveanmethod for calculation? What kind of exercises do you recommend? Why?
- Paragraph 5: Exercise Recommendations(FITT)
- Paragraph 6: Potential Barriers, Supports and Strategies
- Strategies to overcome barriers
- Paragraph 7: Program Summary
- APPENDIX 8: Worksheet Summary
Ends Apr 15, 2018 11:59 PM