With baby boomers retiring now and over the next decade, what should the HR function in firms be doing to prepare for a leadership vacuum? What potential problems do you see these firms encountering? Share any ideas you have that could help solve these problems with your classmates.
Succession Planning Procedure
In a minimum of 500 words, document a succession plan for an employee (e.g., IT Developer, Maintenance Crew, Training Specialist, CEO) of your chosen firm. What concepts are crucial when recruiting team members? Be sure to address the following questions in your response:
1. What are the critical knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) of that position?
2. Will you select, train, or both for these KSAs?
3. How will you ensure your selected successor does not leave the firm?
4. What succession planning process will you use?
Follow the steps above in chronological order. Any sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations in APA format.
Do you believe that historical thought and tradition affect civil liberties and civil rights? Why, or why not?
Right to Privacy Assignment
Certain freedoms, or civil liberties, and privacy, a civil right, are concepts highly revered by Americans; however, there are times when the two conflict in the name of safety and security. The Digital Age is having a profound effect on the issue as cameras catch our every move, whether it is running a red light, entering a building, playing in a park, or using an ATM machine.
This assignment is based on your opinion regarding privacy versus safety and security. Answer the following questions in a cohesive essay consisting of at least two pages, double-spaced, using 12-point Times font. You must use at least three sources. Make sure that all sources are cited and referenced using APA style.
1. Begin by identifying which part of the Constitution provides for your privacy rights. Do you believe that with today’s technology the Constitution still adequately protects those rights? Why, or why not?
2. Select and describe an issue that has been in the news within the last 15 years related to how politics and the right to privacy have intersected and led to an invasion of privacy. If you believe no rights were violated, select a relevant article and discuss what actions would have created violation of privacy and why.
3. Take a stand. Do you agree with the invasion of privacy story you discussed in #2 above, or do you object? Where do you draw the line in this privacy issue? Explain your response.
4. Explain how historical thought and tradition affect civil liberties and rights as they pertain to the issue you chose.
5. What consequences do you support for those who cross the line?
6. What, if any, compensation do you recommend for the victims?