You will observe, research, and analyze the correlation between the timings of television commercials and their cost effectiveness.
Using the Internet, research the subject of advertising on television.
First, develop a recording sheet for television commercials (not including commercials for upcoming TV shows or public service advertisements). For each commercial, the sheet should indicate the following:
- Television network
- Day of the week (select 2 different days)
- Time of day:
- Morning: 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (noon)
- Afternoon: 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Early evening: 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Late evening: 9:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m. (midnight)
- Estimated price of the advertised product:
- Under $10
- Over $10,000
Next, analyze the content of these television commercials.
To do so, observe each network, each day, for each time slot (you may enlist a friend to help). After you gather the data, write a 2- to 3-page essay in Microsoft Word in which you answer the following questions:
- What patterns do you find based on the price of products or the time of day or by day of the week?
- Are the two networks the same or different?
- What do your findings mean?
Support your responses with relevant examples.
Using APA format, cite any sources you use appropriately throughout the paper and reference on a separate page.
- Cite all sources in APA format.
- Attach a Turnitin.com Report.
- Support reasoning with examples