View an introduction to the Assignment. Be sure to adjust your audio settings.
In this unit, you will become the marketing expert of a select healthcare system. By the end of this unit, you will be able to proficiently elaborate how healthcare marketing principles and theories can maximize effectiveness of a specific healthcare system.
To begin, select one of the following healthcare systems that you would like to explore for this unit:
- Acute care
- Ambulatory care
- Assisted living
- Continuing care retirement community
- Critical access hospital
- Dialysis care
- Home health care
- Hospice care
- Long-term care
- Memory care
- Palliative care
- Pediatric care
- Primary care
- Short-term care (e.g., post-surgery therapy)
- Surgical care
- Veterans Administration
- Other (requires approval from instructor)
The healthcare system that you selected will be the foundation for your Unit 2 Assignment.
- Discuss how your selected healthcare system can legally market their services and products (e.g., federal requirements, state mandates, etc.)
- Defend three (3) marketing principles and/or theories that you believe are most promising for your healthcare system
- Research a real-life healthcare system that matches the system you selected and synthesize the success of its marketing efforts
- Report your findings by using one (1) of the methods below:
- 4-5 page fact sheet for the general community.
- Letter to the CEO of your selected healthcare system.
- Power Point presentation for a Board of Directors (10-12 slides; speaker notes as needed to support assertions).
- The use of first person is permitted for this assignment. APA formatting (e.g., title page, conclusion, reference page, etc.) should not be used.
- Although the use of APA formatting is not required for this assignment, proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation are expected.
*Hint: Try locating a healthcare system that you are familiar with, would like to network with, have heard concerns about, or one that is completely unfamiliar to you.