Please read the case study and answer the questions that follow. Case study: Public Practice—Nobody Follows the Rule: https://uwaterloo.ca/centre-for-accounting-ethics/resources/ethics-teaching-cases/public-practice-nobody-follows-rule
Every accounting firm has its approach to ethical situations with clients and employees. Dave Gordon, FCA, Senior Partner, is to advise the incumbent auditor on the financial situation at a client. He has been noticing that many of the other partners in his firm are not following the rules with respect to transitioning to a new client.
Evaluate the case study to access the ethical reasoning using Kohlberg’s stages of moral development from Dave Gordon’s point of view.
Include in your evaluation:
- What should Dave suggest to his fellow partners in the firm and why?
- How can Dave make a decision using Kohlberg’s stages of moral development?
- Could Dave see the moral justification of others in their decision to alter or not follow the rules?
- Can Dave justify the loss of business as a right decision in view of firm goals?
- Your written paper should be 4 in length not counting the title and reference pages, which you must include., APA FORMAT!!!
- Use terms, evidence, and concepts from class readings, including professional business language.
- You need to cite at least three sources for this assignment, outside of the textbook.