There is nothing like reading a good book or watching a great movie for a little escapism and entertainment. With all of the television channels available and easy access to the internet, you can watch just about anything you want at any time. Earlier in the course you discussed the science involved with technology, but in this Assignment, you will turn the tables and delve into how the media portrays science. How does a pop culture portrayal of science and scientists impact the average person’s view of what science is and how research is conducted? Can what is presented by the media affect how the general populace views a particular research field? What might the long-term impacts of such a depiction be? These are just a few questions that you will reflect upon in this Assignment. For the Unit 9 Assignment, you will complete a reflective essay to address the following questions: 1.When you hear the word “scientist” what do you envision? 2.Discuss at least three characteristics of your vision of a scientist. 3.Which famous people or characters from the media come into your mind? 4.What characteristics do they have in common? 5.Has your image of what a scientist does and how they look changed over time? If so, how has this changed and what influenced you? 6.Are fictional scientists usually the heroes, villains, or a combination of the two? Provide at least two detailed examples to support your position. 7.How is science portrayed in fictional media (i.e., television shows, movies, music, books, etc.)? Is it seen as a positive, negative, or neutral force in the world? Give specific examples supporting your position. 8.Do you think the portrayal of scientists in the various forms of media influences how society views people in this profession? Why, or why not? 9.Can the portrayal of science in media influence how certain research and technology is viewed and accepted by the general public (e.g., cloning)?
Submit Your Instructions to Writers for FREE!!
Enjoy Our Unique Features!
Chat with every writer who applies to your request, and view their skills and portfolio. Make the choice that’s right for you.
MANAGE YOUR ORDER:
Monitor progress and see any changes made. Have full control over every phase of the process.
Ask your writer questions and provide your ideas about your paper. Produce the exact result that you want.
ENJOY THE OUTCOME:
Get everything done on time with high quality. Writing papers is much simpler with us.
Submit Your Instructions to Writers for FREE!!
Ask, Learn and Understand!
What Are You Waiting For?
Get Top-notch Help from Professional Writers
Do you need assistance with your website’s content, with a presentation or with some other task? Our highly professional writers will gladly assist you! We are proud of our writers, who will offer you the best solution to your problem while following your guidelines and instructions.
You will enjoy:
An individual approach to your work
Fast delivery of the product
Expert help and advice with any task
You can communicate with our experts directly and discuss all issues concerning your work. Moreover, you can specify your own recommendations and follow the process. Get unique writings on any topic and of any size with the help of our service. We are here to help you succeed!
- Choose one of the topics given below and submit a research project, which should not exceed 4000 words. The help file is available in the Student Resources Folder on Interact2. Topics to select from but not limited to: § IoT Smart City § IoT Mining Industry
- Assignment: Course Project: Assessment of Diversity Proficiencies The Assignment for this module is an assessment of your diversity proficiencies. As local, state, national, and global communities continue to reflect increasing diversity, it is essential for effective leaders of learning to routinely assure active and effective responsiveness to the diverse needs represented. In the context of this course, active and effective responsiveness often takes the form of individuals pursuing constructive action to change ideas and attitudes through leaders
- Recently, the CEO has been hearing complaints from both patients and staff, varying from long wait times to rude physicians. You have been hired to design and implement a Quality Improvement Plan to help uncover quality problems and to satisfactorily resolve them.
- Alert: MSProject will not run on a MAC. To use it, on a MAC you must use Parallels or Bootcamp (virtual Windows machine). However, you can view MSProject files with various free project viewers. Call Technical Support for help and guidance.
- Part 1: Scripting Dialogues Table Using the “Birthday Soup” excerpt, create teacher-student dialogues specific to using single-letter and consonant digraphs, short vowel and long vowel sounds, and appropriate use of word building and world building-spelling. Review the examples in your text as a guide.