The Syrian Civil War represents an enormous challenge to both international relations, international law, and for the Syrian people. You may read facts about the human rights abuses committed in
The Syrian Civil War represents an enormous challenge to both international relations, international law, and for the Syrian people. You may read facts about the human rights abuses committed in the war, as well as the recent NATO intervention against the Syrian government at the following encyclopedia entries. Suffice it to say, the existence of international laws that appear to prohibit many of these events has been unable to stop them from happening.
Question 1: Why do you think that international law has been unable to stop these events from happening? Engage with the required course readings and notes in answering
Question 2: Do states alone make international law, or are do other actors do so as well? Engage with the required course reading and notes in answering.
Answer questions separately in essay format
5 pages single spaced
Sources and Readings Attached
- Rely exclusively on your course readings and notes to answer these essays.
- Do not copy and paste your notes. Do not enter lengthy quotations into your essay.
- Write in a declarative yet conversational voice. Avoid using complicated terms. Use phrases, terms, and acronyms that appear in your course readings.
- Use proper grammar and spelling.
- Stick to the facts, theories and evidence available in the course materials. Avoid speculation, ambiguity, and making things up.
- Avoid repetition.
- Write an introduction summarizing the overall organization, scope, and conclusions of your essay. There is no need for a concluding paragraph.
- Use paragraphs and section headings to structure your essay according to the introduction’s organization.
- Use parenthetical citations with author names, years, and page numbers when you refer to source material