Synthesis is the act of creating something new from multiple existing entities. Synthesis of research, them, is creating a new idea from existing ideas. Synthesis of research is not a single innate skill. Rather, it is a process learned through time and practice. At the doctoral level, writing is a continual process of revision as learner improve skills and build subjects matter expertise.
In topic 5, you submitted a synthesis paper and received both feedback from your instructor and a grade for your work.
In this assignment, you will expand upon your original with additional research from outside sources, incorporate feedback from your instructor, and provide a reflections sections addressing your revision process..
- Locate the synthesis paper you completed in Topic 5
- Located and download “Enhanced Synthesis Paper Template from the course Materials for the Topic
- Locate and download “Enhanced Synthesis Paper Resources” from the course materials for the topic
- Review the article by Baker and Pifer (2011), Gardner (2009), and Smith and Hatmaker( 2014) located in the course materials for the topic
- This assignment uses beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. Review the GCU APA style Guide for writing located in the student success center. You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions the student success center.
Select and read two articles from the Enhanced Synthesis Paper Resources list located in the Course Material for your topic
Locate the Synthesis Paper you completed in Topic 5 using the feedback provided by your instructor and information in your paper:
A reflection (250-300 words) that discusses your revision process and how you incorporated your instructor’s feedback into the revised version.
Similar to the format of an abstract this section will receive its own page following the title page and preceding the Introduction.
An introduction that includes a brief description of each article and its purposes, identifies the three themes that emerged from your reading, describes how they will be discussed in the paper and presents a clear thesis statement.
Support for your identified themes with evidence from each article.
Provide analysis of these findings to strength your narrative.
A discussion of the conclusions that can be drawn when the articles are taken together as a single entity.
What is the overall message of the group of articles