Strategic change models
Read the following in your textbook: “Dr. Gayle brings collaboration to CARE.” – Implementing Organizational Change By Bert Spector # 3rd edition
Answer the questions in your textbook about the organization:
- Why was the original, decentralized design of CARE less effective in addressing 21st century issues than it had been in CARE’s earlier years?
- What do you think the challenges will be in promoting collaboration across national units of CARE?
- What steps might Dr. Helene Gayle take to promote the improvements she hopes for? Use research to support your discussion.
- CARE was one of the world’s leading nongovernmental organizations, was created to provide aid to devastated Europen countries in the immediate aftermathof World War II. When Dr. Helene Gayle became CEO in 2006 – after working at both the CDC and the bill and Melinda gates Foundation, the mission chaged considerably. Under the broadly stated manadate “Defending Dignity, Fighting Poverty,” CARE expanded its reach. The organization described its mission below:
- CARE is a leading humanitarian organization fighting global poverty. We place special focus on working alongside poor women because, equipped with the proper resources, women have the power to help whole families and entire communities escape poverty. Women are at the heart of CARe’s community based efforts to improve basic education, prevent the spread of HIV, increase access to clean water and sanitation, expand economic opportunity and protect natiral resources. CARE also delivers emergency aid to survivors of war and natural disasters, and helps people rebuild their lives. Dr. Gayle believed, however that CARE was better designed to serve its past mission than its future opportunities.
- Read entire article uploaded below and provide intext citaion sources to support the discussion.