- Scenario: The Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) has been in effect since 2002 and has cost businesses millions of dollars in personnel and administrative costs. Your company is in the process of “going public,” has underwritten its Initial Public Offering (IPO), and filed its registration statement with the Securities Exchange Commission. Your current executive team has asked you to create a plan ensuring SOX compliance is followed once you become a publicly traded company.
Review the pertinent sections of The Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) Act. For purposes of this proposal to the board, only concern yourself with the compliance provisions of SOX
Create a maximum 1,050-word proposal to the board outling the compliance project necessary to implement SOX.
Support your answers using legal terms
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines. You must use APA formatted headings to add organization to your paper. Use bold and centering for first-level headings and put second-level headings in bold at the left margin. Capitalize all major words in both headings and eliminate italics. Have a Summary or Conclusion used as a first-level heading.
- Discusion questions
- What are the FOURLandmark Laws that make up the Federal antitrust Statutes? What was each designed to protect and/or prohibit?
- What business operations or activities was each section designed to protect, preserve, preclude or prohibit? Restraint of Trade – Section 1 of the Act Monopolization – Section 2 of the Act.
- Why are they important? What advantages or disadvantages do they bring to the business world? Section 2 – Price Discrimination, Section 3 – Tying Arrangements, Section 7 – Mergers.
- Do you think that the fact that the EU is more stringent than the US is a good thing or a bad thing?
- Is it common or rare to find laws that are more stringent than those in the United States? Recalling our discussions from the passed weeks, can you think of other examples where laws in the US are more/less stringent than outside the US? Thoughts?
- Why would consumers want to register on the Do-Not-Call list? What necessitated the creation of these administrative rules?
- What are some ways the environment may be potentially effected by the passage of certain laws, regulations, legislation or statutes?