Please answer the questions in the prescribed format. Marks and feedback comments are expected to be posted on LEO by Sep, 10, 2018, 9 am. Question 1 (14 marks) Do you think daily temperatures have an impact on coffee consumption? A café manager noted the number of coffee sold in a random sample of 50 days, which had very different daily temperatures, over a year. Required a) Compute the following descriptive statistics with the data provided: (4 marks) i) Mean:_______________________ ii) Median:______________________ iii) Standard Deviation:_____________ iv) Coefficient of Variation:_________ Note: Please include the workings as part of your answer. b) Draw a boxplot of the data. (2 marks) c) If you were the café manager, would you form an opinion that daily temperatures have an impact on the variation of coffee consumption (high, medium or low), based on your answers in a) and b)? Please explain. (3 marks) i) High, medium or low:__________________________ ii) Justification:________________________ d) Please suggest 2 plausible factors other than daily temperatures that you consider would have an impact on coffee consumption. Could you explain the impact of each of these two factors on coffee consumption with the same data provided? Please explain. (5 marks) i) Factor 1:_____________________ ii) Factor 2:_____________________ iii) Yes or no:____________________ iv) Explanation:__________________ Question 2 (12 marks) a) The following is a line chart of crimes over a period of 21 years in Country ABC. Required (4 marks) i) What is your opinion on the trend of violent crimes? ii) Please suggest a factor (other than the factors in b) and c)) and explain how the factor would have an impact on the trend. i) Opinion on trend:_________________ ii) Factor:_____________________________________ Explanation on impact:_________________________ b) The following is a scatter plot of the same violent crimes data versus a demographical variable: size of population. Required (4 marks) i) What is your opinion on the trend of violent crimes against the size of the population? ii) Please suggest a plausible explanation on how the size of population would have an impact on the frequency of violent crimes as depicted by the data. i) Opinion on trend:_____________________________________ ii) Plausible explanation on impact:_________________________ c) There is a belief that a large proportion of the violent crimes are committed by people age 15 to 24. The following is a scatter plot of the same violent crimes data versus a second demographical variable: population aged between 15 and 24. Required (4 marks) i) What is your opinion on the trend of violent crimes against the population aged between 15-24? ii) Please suggest a plausible explanation on how the size of population aged between 15-24 would have an impact on the frequency of violent crimes as depicted by the data. i) Opinion on trend:_____________________________________ ii) Plausible explanation on impact:_________________________ Question 3 (4 marks) What is the most important lesson you have learnt in presentation and interpretation of statistical data from undertaking the assignment? Please explain. i) Lesson: ___________________________________________ ii) Explanation: _
Submit Your Instructions to Writers for FREE!!
Enjoy Our Unique Features!
Chat with every writer who applies to your request, and view their skills and portfolio. Make the choice that’s right for you.
MANAGE YOUR ORDER:
Monitor progress and see any changes made. Have full control over every phase of the process.
Ask your writer questions and provide your ideas about your paper. Produce the exact result that you want.
ENJOY THE OUTCOME:
Get everything done on time with high quality. Writing papers is much simpler with us.
Submit Your Instructions to Writers for FREE!!
Ask, Learn and Understand!
What Are You Waiting For?
Get Top-notch Help from Professional Writers
Do you need assistance with your website’s content, with a presentation or with some other task? Our highly professional writers will gladly assist you! We are proud of our writers, who will offer you the best solution to your problem while following your guidelines and instructions.
You will enjoy:
An individual approach to your work
Fast delivery of the product
Expert help and advice with any task
You can communicate with our experts directly and discuss all issues concerning your work. Moreover, you can specify your own recommendations and follow the process. Get unique writings on any topic and of any size with the help of our service. We are here to help you succeed!
- Agenda building is often the first step in your policy practice tasks. Building a solid agenda may well determine the success of the development of a policy proposal and may also determine your success in placing an issue in front of a decision maker.
- Explore the cycle of violence by analyzing how attribution theory helps to either cover up or uncover a core issue in domestic violence relationships. Using specific examples, describe how the “even if” technique can be employed to help the victim attribute causality
- Identify and analyze a specific need identified by a community. This includes: •Writing a mission statement for the agency you would create to respond to this need. Constructing an effective community organization model to address the identified need utilizing all the information you have researched in this course.
- 1. Choose five U.S. government policies that affect trade with foreign nations. Identify three factors of production, and describe how their mobility is good or bad for U.S. trade
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Division of Informatics and Surveillance website contains a number of resources nurses could innovatively incorporate in care delivery