Prior to beginning this interactive assignment, please review the Federal Program Inventory (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. and select one program that would meet a need for your community, a
Program Proposal Presentation
Prior to beginning this interactive assignment, please review the Federal Program Inventory (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.and select one program that would meet a need for your community, a group of people you would like to work with in the future, a group of people that you work with now that could benefit from that program, or a group that you are aware of that could benefit from the program.
For this interactive assignment, you will create a presentation of up to 7-10 minutes in length. You may use any screen-casting and/or presentation software you choose (Power point, Prezi, Thinglink, etc.). Quick-Start Guides are available for Prezi, Screencast-O-Matic, and Thinglink for your convenience.)
For your presentation include the following:
- Title Information:
- Program title and agency sponsoring the program
- Target population and developmental stage
- Geographic location
- The purpose of the program:
- Briefly describe the program and its’ introduction to your community. Include a short analysis of any ethical considerations for the deployment of the program using elements of developmental psychology research and practice to support the suggested implementation.
- Describe why your program is necessary and appropriate for the chosen group.
- Explain the expected outcome(s) from your program and at least one method you will use to assess the outcome(s).
- Briefly explain any developmental theory that applies to the utility of this program and the particular group involved.
- Evaluate the research that supports the success, or lack of success, for this program?
- Program Modification:
- Describe modification you would make to the program to improve its’ suitability for your selected group.
- Defend why these modifications would improve the program. Include research to support your claims.
Use a presentation tool of your choice to create a visual presentation that includes the required information as well as compelling imagery related to your program. Each image must be retrieved and cited based on current copyright laws. You may wish to use the PSY605 Where to Get Free (and Legal) Images guide for assistance with accessing freely available public domain images and/or images licensed through Creative Commons. Keep in mind that the goal is to persuade others that this program is both necessary and creative. Regardless of the mode in which you create your presentation, eye-catching visuals can be very powerful. You are encouraged to be creative and choose images you feel help to highlight the positive aspects of your proposed program.
Create a script for your verbal portion of the screencast, in which you walk your audience through the important points of your program. Include APA citations within the body of the script. Utilize a screen casting tool of your choice to record a screencast of up to 7 – 10 minutes displaying your visual presentation as you read your prepared script. It is highly recommended you practice reading through your script while displaying your visual presentation before recording your final product.
Submit both your presentation and the script. If you use an online presentation software such as Prezi, please include a link to the presentation in the comment section of Waypoint when you submit the assignment.
Note to Students: This assignment requires that you produce a visual presentation, supply a spoken audio narrative, and to listen the audio narrative of others. Note you are also asked to provide a transcript of your presentation. If you have a documented disability accommodation that might interfere with your ability to complete this assignment, you may contact your instructor to develop a comparable alternative assignment. If you have other issues that you feel may be a barrier to your ability to complete this course or this assignment please contact the Office of Access and Wellness at: firstname.lastname@example.org.