- Reflection Artifact
Please consider how you have developed the knowledge, skills, and attitudes that enable your achievement of the bachelor’s/master’s level nursing competency/ies listed below. Then write a minimum of 1000 words describing how this course has helped you achieve these outcomes.
- Analyze the impact of economic, demographic and technological forces on health care delivery, and the concerns relating to ethical, legal, and social issues that influence nursing practice.
- Apply a solid foundation of research and theory, focusing on the interrelationships and application of these concepts to nursing practice, education, and leadership
- Improve population health across the lifespan and across the continuum of healthcare environments through health promotion and disease prevention strategies
- Explore leadership and management concepts that directly and indirectly influence the nature and functioning of the healthcare system and professional nursing practice
- Assess health among a diverse patient population, devising strategies for the prevention and early detection of disease across the life span
- Integrate professional values, attitudes, knowledge, and behaviors into nursing practice
- Part 1: Continuing Education (Part 1 should be at least 1 ½ pages and include 2 outside references plus the textbook.)
Continuing education units are required for renewal of license (in some states) and for recertification. Continuing education opens doors to job opportunities. Answer the questions:
- Why is advancing your degree and knowledge important for nursing as a profession? Explain and give several reasons.
- How would you respond to a nurse that states: “I only want to live and work in a state that does not require continue education credits and I never want to advance my degree?” Explain in detail what you would say and why.
Part 2: Future of Nursing (Part 2 should be at least 2 pages and include 2 outside references and the textbook.)
Review the author’s vision in the textbook (Chapter 25), of the future of nursing and complete your own research to include the Institute of Medicine’s (IOM) report.
- Do you agree with the authors or do you have a different vision of nursing? Explain and provide examples as to why you do agree or do not agree.