Part I: First, choose one of the issues on the https://www.procon.org website and state your position on the issue. Describe the reasons why this issue is relevant to you.
Part I: First, choose one of the issues on the https://www.procon.org website and state your position on the issue.
- Describe the reasons why this issue is relevant to you.
- Refer to the “Questions to Help Expose Barriers to Critical Thinking” in Section 2.5 of the webtext. Respond to each of the questions highlighted in bold. Explain whether you think your response is a result of any of the barriers discussed in Chapter 2.
- Describe how you can use critical thinking to deal with these barriers.
Part II: Next, locate the website for a social action group that advocates for your position on the issue.
- Identify elements of the website that support your viewpoint on the issue, but could potentially lead to confirmation bias.
- Describe how you can avoid combat confirmation bias when relying on sources that support your views.
The assignment should follow guidelines for clear and organized writing:
· Address main ideas in body paragraphs with a topic sentence and supporting sentences.
· Include an introductory paragraph and concluding paragraph.
· Adhere to standard rules of English grammar, punctuation, mechanics, and spelling.
This course requires use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
The assignments should follow these formatting and citation requirements:
· Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
· In-text citations and the References page must follow Strayer Writing Standards (SWS) format.
· Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The assignments will be automatically submitted to SafeAssign to generate an Originality Report when submitted to Blackboard.