Option #2: Healthcare Error Assessment Report
Use the CSU-Global Library and the internet to identify a real-world example of a healthcare error that impacted patient safety. Use the readings and your knowledge of risk management and quality/performance improvement to write a report to the Chief Executive and Board of Governors of this organization stating your assessment and recommendations for improvement. Your report should describe this situation and the impact on patient safety:
- Who was affected and how did it influence quality service delivery at this facility?
- How was this event handled by the healthcare leaders and internal stakeholders? By external stakeholders?
- What recommendations do you have for performance improvement to prevent this situation or event from reoccurring?
Your report should meet the following requirements:
- Be 3-4 pages in length, not including the cover or reference pages.
- Be formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA.
- Provide support for your statements with in-text citations from a minimum of four scholarly articles—two of these sources may be from the class readings, textbook, or lectures, but two must be external. The CSU-Global Library is a good place to find these resources.
- Utilize headings to organize the content in your work.