Module 1 – SLP
THE RESEARCH PROCESS AND ITS COMPONENTS
- Indicate whether the following measures are nominal, ordinal, interval, or ratio scales. Explain your logic.
Please also indicate the appropriate descriptive statistics (e.g., mean, std. dev., range, percentile, frequency, etc.) for each measure.
- Gas prices
- Gender: Male and Female.
- Employment status (fully employed, partially employed, unemployed)
- Grades: A, B, C, D, or F
- Grade Point Average (GPA)
- Body temperature
- Distance from student homes to Trident University.
- Develop a hypothesis regarding the association between age and income.
- Briefly justify it using logic and external sources.
- Would it be appropriate to imply causality in your hypothesis? Explain why.
- Use the cycle of research framework to explain the next steps you would take in order to test your hypothesis.
SLP Assignment Expectations
- Answer all questions with clarity and depth. Show your critical thinking ability.
- Show necessary reasoning.
- You do not need to write an essay for SLP assignment; answering the questions is sufficient.
Note: 4 to 5 pages