In the Final Paper, you will defend your own viewpoint on nonviolent conflict resolution in six to eight pages. Obviously, there are many causes of war and many interrelated ways to promote peace, but you will not have space in six to eight pages to discuss more than one. Try to determine the most fundamental cause of violence and the single most important way of promoting peace. First, briefly explain the most significant cause of violent conflict between groups or nations, citing relevant academic scholarship to support your claims (three to four pages). Then, defend your view about the most promising way to resolve conflict nonviolently at the government level (suggesting either national or international solutions), again citing evidence where appropriate (three to four pages).
The paper must be six to eight pages in length (excluding title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style. You must use at least three scholarly resources to support your claims. Remember that the paper should be your own viewpoint, not a collection of quotes from others. In six to eight pages, you will not have space to include very many quotes. Instead, synthesize your sources in your own words and use them to support your own claims. This is an argumentative essay, not a research paper. You may reference any scholarly sources you wish, though you are encouraged to use the sources from the course reading list. Cite your resources in text and on the reference page.
• Must be six to eight double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style.
• Must include a separate title page with the following:
◦ Title of paper
◦ Student’s name
◦ Course name and number
◦ Instructor’s name
◦ Date submitted
• Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
• Must use at least three scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
• Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
• Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.