For this proposal, identify a problem area of your current organization (or one in which you have previously worked) that you believe warrants a change initiative. In your opinion, what restraining forces are blocking implementation of a change program? From an internal OD practitioner perspective
Deliverable for assignment and grading considerations:
The deliverable for this assignment is as follows:
Use what you have learned in this course to develop an 8-10 page change process proposal (excluding cover and reference pages) for your organization. Assume that you will submit this proposal to the organization for implementation.
For this proposal, identify a problem area of your current organization (or one in which you have previously worked) that you believe warrants a change initiative. In your opinion, what restraining forces are blocking implementation of a change program? From an internal OD practitioner perspective, what recommendations can you make to overcome these barriers?
You should apply ideas, concepts, theories, and practices set out in the course materials as appropriate to the specific organization that you have selected. Please follow APA guidelines for citations, quotations, and references, and use at least eight scholarly resources that are dated within the last five years. You are strongly encouraged to use the required and reserved readings in this course, as well as peer-reviewed journal articles.
Your paper should include the following:
~2 pages: Introduction (Incorporate course objectives 1 – 3)
What is the organization and how did you select it? What is your relationship with the organization? Using a systems perspective, include any historical information about the organization and the organization’s culture that would be helpful in this context. Identify the organizational issue in need of change.
~3 pages: Need for Change (Incorporate course objectives 4 – 5)
Describe the change that needs to take place and discuss internal and external forces that represent obstacles to the change, supporting your opinion with appropriate citations. Describe the various kinds of data you would need to gather to confirm your diagnosis. What level of analysis (organization, group, or individual job) should be applied to this situation?
~3-5 pages: Proposed Solution (Incorporate course objective 6)
Create recommendations for a proposed solution. What do you believe would be an effective intervention? What forces could be harnessed to promote the change? Who should be included in the solution’s implementation? What would be considered a success? What additional approaches could be considered? What steps would you take to implement the recommended solution? Be sure to present your findings objectively, without emotion.
The grading rubric is attached to the assignment and you should follow that as you grade the assignment.
The following items should be covered in the paper:
- The paper should make good use of course concepts/practices/strategies;
- The introduction should include a clear statement of the problem supported by appropriate citations.
- The paper should discuss an analysis of organizational conditions from a systems perspective.
- The analysis section of the paper should include a discussion of various change theories and models and potential barriers to effective change.
- The paper should demonstrate appropriate use of OD diagnostic practices;
- The paper should demonstrate appropriate application of OD ideas/concepts /practices/strategies;
- Thoroughness, appropriateness, and creativity demonstrated by the recommendations; clarity, organization, coherence, and correctness (spelling, grammar) of the writing.
Formatting considerations for grading:
- Papers should be in full APA format (e.g., cover page, page numbers, double-space, proper citations, reference page)
- There should be an introduction or proposal statement
- Body should flow well from the introduction
- Conclusion or summary should restate key points