Using your knowledge of Supply Chain Management and your academic research skills, complete all of the following:
- Describe four changes to the traditional 7-Eleven supply chain that the move to fresh foods will require. In addition, discuss four advantages that 7-Eleven can gain by outsourcing all or most of the fresh food supply chain responsibilities.
- Use a basic flow diagram to create a simple supply chain model for delivering fresh sandwiches with eight distinct boxes. You may use the software of your choice to create the diagram; however, it must be readable when copied and pasted or imbedded into your MS Word document.
- Recommend either a push-based strategy or pull-based strategy for ordering fresh foods and justify your recommendation.
- Discuss three advantages and three disadvantages of using Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology in the proposed supply chain.
- Describe four businesses that have successfully implemented the retail of fresh foods that would be suitable for 7-Eleven to benchmark.
- Discuss four important pieces of information that must be gathered and transmitted using 7-Eleven’s IT networks to support the fresh food supply chain.
- Describe how the practice of tanpin kanri (item by item management) may be transferred from 7-Eleven Japan to the United States operation.
The Final Paper:
- Must be eight to twelve double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least five scholarly or professional resources, including a minimum of two from the Ashford Online Library, in addition to the text and the New York Times article.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.