Answer the following questions below:
1. Explain what a negative correlation between depression and self-esteem means. Provide two additional examples of negative correlations in the field of psychology.
2. Provide an example of a variable measured on a(n): nominal scale, ordinal scale, interval scale, and ratio scale and discuss the strengths and limitations of each.
3. Imagine that you are writing a survey on student perceptions of the food in the dining hall. Write one open-ended, one closed-ended, and one partially open-ended question concerning quality of the food in the dining hall and discuss the strengths and limitations of each.
4. What are the problems with the following survey questions?
• Do you agree that Americans should be more concerned with conserving fuel and reducing pollution from auto emissions?
• Do you favor reducing the outrageous number of administrators in the federal government?
• Most people believe that politicians are overpaid. Do you agree?
5. Calculate s (standard deviation) and A.D. (average deviation) for the following sample: 2, 2, 6, 9, 10, 10, 15, 18, 18, 20. Provide two examples of when this would be appropriate to use in in research and two examples of when it would not be appropriate to use in research.