. Response Challenges to Natural and Man-Made Disasters
You are the emergency manager in a city of 200,000 people in the Midwestern United States. Your city manager has directed you to act as a subject matter expert and provide the city’s webmaster with material (400–600 words) that thoroughly discusses which types of natural and man-made disasters you think are the most significant or troublesome for emergency managers. In addition, your city manager wants to ensure that the citizens have access to the most up-to-date information about disaster response. The city council would like to have a bond election next year and hopes that your information will garner support for the issue.
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas:
- What type of natural hazard do you think is the most significant or troublesome to emergency managers? Why?
- What type of man-made hazard do you think is the most significant or troublesome to emergency managers? Why?
- What do you think are the most significant specific response challenges associated with the hazards that you selected? Explain.
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least a 100-word reply about their Primary Task Response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from your classmate’s posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmate’s postings?
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.
- Describe and discuss the challenges associated with responding to certain types of disasters and attacks.
- Identify and describe the different types of natural and man-made disasters and attacks.
There is no additional information to display at this time.
- Extra Credit
- View Assignment Rubric