Unit V Reflection Paper
Select a significant tragic event (either domestic or global) that has occurred over the last 50 years. The interactive
presentation in this unit provides some ideas of historical tragic events, but understand that these are just ideas. After
describing the event and the post-tragedy events, discuss the ethical aspects revolving around this incident. This
discussion may require some additional research to understand the ethical situations and the impact the event(s) had on
affected people and their ability to move on with their lives.
1. Describe the actions of people and organizational leaders directly and indirectly involved with the tragedy.
Specifically, address the ethical issues they faced.
2. What were some of the actions of local, state, and federal personnel with respect to dealing with this tragedy?
3. Explain the strategies of organizations that attempted to assist with the clean-up after the tragic event. Describe
several of the pressures that influenced their strategies. Distinguish between social responsibility, integrity, and
simple business ethics.
4. How has this event affected the ethical culture here in the United States? What other effect has it had on society
as a whole?
5. What other lessons might we learn from this event in the future?
Your response must be a minimum of two double-spaced pages. You are required to use at least one scholarly source in
your response. All sources used must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying in-text
citations, and be cited per APA guidelines.