Key Assignment Draft Case Study: Problem 4 The case study company received the design document for the new content management processes and infrastructure from the enterprise content management (ECM) consultant, and is pleased with the plan. Some substantial changes are included in the plan, but the benefits are clear. The chief information officer (CIO) has been through a similar process in a previous company and correctly points out that the new processes and infrastructure are great, but if there is no governance in place, the new ECM system will quickly fail. The ECM consultant agrees wholeheartedly and suggests a plan to establish a data governance plan to go along with the new ECM system. The data governance plan will be created in two stages, with the first being an evaluation of the companyÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s current data governance policies and procedures in the areas of data quality, data management, data policies, business process management, and risk management. Where can information be obtained regarding a companyÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s data governance policies and procedures, and how should this information be summarized? Assignment Thus far in the creation of a new enterprise content management manual, the processes and tools used for content management have been examined and improved. The next step is to examine the governance and control policies used within the enterprise content. Data governance strives to ensure that the valuable content of an organization is formally managed. This includes management of data quality, data management, data policies, business process management, and risk management. The key term is formal management, and for this project, you will document the data governance currently in place in your selected organization and evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the governance. Note that the existing governance may be informal and will require an examination of the processes and control systems that are used to make policy decisions in these areas. The following are the project deliverables: Update the Enterprise Content Management and Data Governance Policies and Procedures Manual title page with a new date and project name. Update the previously completed sections based on instructor feedback. Data Governance Evaluation Data Quality Document the governance currently in place related to data quality in the organization. Strengths and weaknesses of this area should be noted. Data Management Document the governance currently in place related to data management in the organization. Strengths and weaknesses of this area should be noted. Data Policies Management Document the governance currently in place related to data policies management in the organization. Strengths and weaknesses of this area should be noted. Business Process Management Document the governance currently in place related to business process management in the organization. Strengths and weaknesses of this area should be noted. Risk Management Document the governance currently in place related to risk management in the organization. Strengths and weaknesses of this area should be noted. Be sure to update your table of contents before submission. Name the document “yourname_IT621_IP4.doc.” Note: This is the Key Assignment draft that you are also submitting to the Discussion Board. Worked Example Please refer to the Worked Example below for an example of this assignment based on the Problem-Based Learning Scenario. The worked example is not intended to be a complete example of the assignment but will illustrate the basic concepts required for completion of the assignment and can be used as a general guideline for your own project. Your assignment submission should be more detailed and specific and should reflect your own approach to the assignment rather than just following the same outline provided in the worked example. Note that the worked example includes material from previous worked examples. The new material will be found under the Week 4 sections of the Table of Contents. The worked example is provided here to help with this assignment. Please submit your assignment. For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.
Enjoy Our Unique Features!
Chat with every writer who applies to your request, and view their skills and portfolio. Make the choice that’s right for you.
MANAGE YOUR ORDER:
Monitor progress and see any changes made. Have full control over every phase of the process.
Ask your writer questions and provide your ideas about your paper. Produce the exact result that you want.
ENJOY THE OUTCOME:
Get everything done on time with high quality. Writing papers is much simpler with us.
- Option #2: ABC Corporation ABC Corporation is a small but global organization of roughly 200 to 250 employees working in a work-at-home type of office space around the world using Wide Area Network connectivity via VPNs. The company deals with lot of financial information to be shared between the offices that requires encrypted traffic as well as data-at-rest encryption.
- Option #1: Program Corrections, Lessons Learned, and Vehicle Inventory Program Your portfolio project consists of three components:
- Statement State legislatures continue to advance policy proposals to address cyber threats directed at governments and private businesses. As threats continue to evolve and expand and as the pace of new technologies accelerates, legislatures are making cybersecurity measures a higher priority.
- For your final project, you will complete a virtual art museum visit and thoroughly discuss two to four works. Please pay close attention to the following assignment criteria. Go to this “gallery” website for referencing your Final Project: http://smarthistory.khanacademy.org/ You should already be familiar with this website from your previous weeks’ work. As you may have remembered, the site is broken down by dates. Cruise the dates and artworks located in th
- Now, it is time for you to discuss your project’s challenges (e.g., risks); performance management plan (e.g., earned value management); and proposed plan for closing the project when it is done. Write a four to six page paper, in which you define the execution, control, and closure aspects of your chosen project. In your paper you must: Provide a brief summary of your chosen project.