Lean Enterprise Organization
You will research the elements and core disciplines of various Lean Enterprise/Operational Excellence initiatives/approaches (for example Lean, Six Sigma, TQM, Theory of Constraints, ISO, Operational Excellence) for both manufacturing and services as it relates to your organization (or one with which you are familiar).
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper in which you address the following points:
- Describe briefly at least two core elements of Lean that you personally can use to improve your own organization or one you know.
- Compare/contrast at least two operational excellence (Six Sigma, TQM, Theory of Constraints, ISO, etc.) approaches to a Lean Enterprise in the simple matrix given below.
- Note: Matrix will need to be included in paper.
- Evaluate how your selected organization’s (your own or one you have chosen) vision supports Lean. If the organization’s vision does not support Lean, re-write it yourself so that it does, and describe how your new version of the vision supports Lean showing old and new forms.
- Assess how Lean Enterprises and/or other Operational Excellence initiatives/approaches can help lead an organization to change.
|Six Sigma||TQM||Theory of Constraints||ISO|
|Compared to Lean|
|Contrasted to Lean|
Note: Pick at least 2; you can choose others.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Use a minimum of 3 different references that are not from the same online text, library book or article.