Discussion Board Forum 1 Prompt
Topic: Earth Science in Action
Complete the following step-by-step process:
- Watch the presentation entitled “How to Find Articles for the ‘Earth Science in Action’ Assignment” in the Reading & Study folder for Module/Week 4.
- Explore the following 3 websites which are also available in the Reading & Study folder for Module/Week 4:
- Find 1 article that interests you from 1 of the links above. Do NOT choose 1 article from each link.
- Read the article and take notes.
- Write a thread that addresses the following questions related to your chosen article:
- What is the title of the article?
- What is the web address for the article?
- Who is(are) the author(s)?
- What is(are) the topic(s) covered in the article?
- What new information have scientists found?
- Why is this new information important?
- What impact will this new information have on mankind and/or on science?
- What drew you to this article? That is, why did you find this article interesting?
- The article chosen must have been written within the last 5 years.
- If you cannot answer all of the questions above, then you must choose another article.
- Do not look for the shortest article as it will most likely not contain sufficient information for this assignment.
- Be sure you do not merely list and answer the questions above. You must construct a well-written thread in narrative format with an introduction and conclusion. The following outline is recommended:
- Introductory paragraph (include article title, web address, author(s), and topic(s) covered)
- Paragraph discussing the new information found, why this information is important, and how this information will impact mankind and/or science
- Paragraph discussing your interest in the article
- Concluding paragraph
- Be sure to reference your article in a bibliography using current APA format. Also, provide in-text citations, as appropriate.
After reading a classmate’s thread and reviewing the article at the hyperlink provided by the classmate, answer the following questions:
- What most interested you about the classmate’s thread and article?
- Is there anything fascinating about the article that the classmate did not identify?
- Would you recommend this article to someone else? Why or why not? Provide at least 2 reasons.
Submit your thread by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Thursday of Module/Week 4 and your replies by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Monday of the same module/week.