Discuss the issues of availability versus confidentiality of the DR and BC plans. The recommendation is for all DR team members to have several copies of these plans, at the office and at home, and perhaps even in their vehicles to ensure that the plans are available for a sudden onset disaster. Consider the confidential nature of these plans, and the financial damage that could occur if competitors obtained these documents. How can an organization meet this objective and also protect this sensitive information? Consider accidental loss, employee resignation, theft, etc.
All initial discussion board postings must meet the following requirements:
- Must be in APA format. There will be a reduction of points for posts that fail to use in-text citations and have an appropriate reference list. Please do not submit a response that is formatted as a letter, or any other type of informal correspondence.
- Must be at least 500 words. The purpose of the discussion board is to provoke thought. More importantly, it demonstrates your understanding of the concepts covered in the course materials and your ability to apply these concepts when addressing the questions.
- Must be a scholarly submission. This means that your initial response to the question should have an introduction, body of content with in text citations, a conclusion, and references from academic journals. Postings that do not contain academic references to support a position, is not a scholarly submission.
- Must be written in a clear and concise manner. Please proofread your work prior to submitting it to the discussion forum. Ensure that your submission is free of context and grammatical errors.
- Must be submitted by Friday. Plan to have your initial responses submitted to the appropriate thread by Friday of the learning week. The purpose of the discussion board is to share ideas, offer feedback, and to engage in a conversation. If your initial responses are submitted on the last submission date, this does not allow others an opportunity to provide responses.