SOLUTION- Case Study 2: Sony Pictures Attack Due Week 5 and worth 80 points Go to the CNN Money website to read the article titled “What caused Sony hack:
Due Week 5 and worth 80 points
Go to the CNN Money website to read the article titled “What caused Sony hack: What we know now,” dated December 24, 2014, located at http://money.cnn.com/2014/12/24/technology/security/sony-hack-facts. Further research this incident using quality and reputable resources.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Briefly summarize the details of the evidence that is known about the attack on Sony Pictures, including the reasons why the FBI identified North Korea as the perpetrator of the attack.
- Determine whether or not you agree with the opinion of the security professionals quoted in the article that anyonecould’veperpetrated this attack and that placing the blame on North Korea may have been hasty and incorrect. Justify your stance.
- Analyze and explain what you believe the correct forensic investigative action would have been once the attack was uncovered if you were a security professional working for Sony Pictures.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment.Note:Wikipediaand similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Identify the role of computer forensics in responding to crimes and solving business challenges.
- Outline system forensics issues, laws, and skills.
- Identify the procurement of evidence in physical andvirtualizedenvironments.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in computer forensics.
- Write clearly and concisely about computer forensics topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.