Software Architecture and Design Review
The architecture and overall design of a software application can make the difference between success and failure. A poor architecture might prohibit an application from ever meeting the requirements established during the requirements phase, and a poor overall design will cause poor quality and failure of development goals. For this case study, you will review and evaluate the architecture and design of an open source software program.
Your review will examine DotNetNuke, a popular open source content management system. The complete source code and other resources for the latest version can be found at http://dotnetnuke.codeplex.com/releases. In addition, you can find more information about this application at www.dotnetnuke.com.
Your evaluation should address the following points:
· What is the architecture used in this application?
· How well does the architecture match the type of application?
· What are the major functional areas of the application?
· What is the general design of each of the functional areas?
· Summarize your overall opinion of the design and architecture of the application.