Read the article titled “9/11: Top lessons learned for disaster recovery,” from Computerworld.com, located at http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9219867/9_11_Top_lessons_learned_for_disaster_recovery, and consider the effects the attacks of September 11, 2001, have had on technology recovery efforts.
Write a two (2) page paper in which you:
1. Explain how the attacks affected risk management in organizations and have prompted an increased justification for recovery-based objectives, initiatives, and expenditures.
2. Analyze the use of social media and other current methods of communication for emergency notifications during an incident or disaster situation.
3. Determine whether or not organizations need to consider distanced geographic locations when preparing for backup operations / data centers, and determine the effects that recovery point objectives (RPO) and recovery time objectives (RTO) have on these decisions.
4. Evaluate the use of cloud services as tools for recovery operations within an organization, and explain how they could increase or decrease the effectiveness of recovery operations.
5. Determine whether or not cloud services are ideal recovery options for organizations regardless of their size. Provide a rationale to support the answer.
6. Use at least four (4) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.