draft interview question
Interview questions related to leadership or organizational behavior topics
- How would you define leadership?
- As a leader, what do you do when people on your team aren’t pulling their weight?
- What is one of the greatest leadership challenges you have ever faced? What did you do? What was the result?
- How would you describe your communication style?
- Describe a situation in which effective interpersonal communication skills contributed to your success.
- Describe your personal actions by which you convey to your staff that ethics/ethical behavior is a high priority with you and that you also expect it to be a high priority with your staff.
- Related to the previous question, describe how your personal actions (demonstrating ethics is a priority) have impacted your staff and/or colleagues.
- Describe a situation where you recognized a need to communicate clear expectations for ethical practice. How did you recognize that expectations had to be clarified?
- What did you do or say to clarify the expectations?
- What is your greatest weakness.
A follower is a person who looks up to another person or follows a person in regard to his or her beliefs, ideas and ways of doing things.
What do followers want from leaders
Leaders lead while followers follow. Followers do not just follow a leader, but they follow a leader while looking upon certain elements.
- Stability -followers want their leaders to have stability. A leader who provides direction to a team or an organization gives the hope of a better future to the followers.
- Compassion- followers keep on following a leader who demonstrates care and shows genuine concern to his or her followers.
- Trust- as a leader, trust the main driving force towards the following. Followers need consistency from their leaders.
Idea examples for interview questions related to leadership or organizational behavior topics
While seeking an interview on the areas of leadership, the interviewer wants to asses whether the interviewee has competency in leadership skill.
common leadership skills
- Communication – a good leader should be able to communicate effectively