In chapter five of the textbook, pages 142 to 158 list focusing events like a natural disaster (hurricanes or earthquakes) that occurred from 1979 to 2001.
Choose a focusing event during this historical time frame. Conduct a literature review on the focusing event. Write a two-page essay and discuss the following:
· type of focusing event and date that it occurred;
· president and FEMA Director;
· type of Presidential Disaster Declaration (such as flooding or hurricane);
· identify the deficiency that initiated a new policy, law, or program;
· describe the new policy and identify who benefited from it; and
· from your perspective, was the new policy a success?
Paper format: title page, body (two pages), and reference page. Format the paper and references in APA style (6th ed.). Research articles from the CSU Online Library.