Felder Community Hospital has just gone live with their new electronic health record (EHR). The hospital is experiencing issues associated with implementing new technology in an HIM department. As an HIM professional, you have been given the task of reviewing workflow and compiling data to show how processes within the department have changed since the EHR has been implemented. There are three functions that are being assessed: release of information, coding, and record retention.
You will use the data provided in the attached “Felder Post-Implementation Assessment” from sample manual service logs, policies, and reports to provide statistical data to the HIM manager and key stakeholders regarding the status of the department post-implementation.
Your submission must be your original work. No more than a combined total of 30% of the submission and no more than a 10% match to any one individual source can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly. Use the Turnitin Originality Report available in Taskstream as a guide for this measure of originality.
You must use the rubric to direct the creation of your submission because it provides detailed criteria that will be used to evaluate your work. Each requirement below may be evaluated by more than one rubric aspect. The rubric aspect titles may contain hyperlinks to relevant portions of the course.
A. Using the data from the attached “Felder Post-Implementation Assessment,” create and submit a multimedia presentation (e.g., PowerPoint, Keynote) for the Felder Community Hospital board of directors, including presenter notes, in which you do the following:
1. Describe the post-implementation assessment of the electronic health record (EHR) for Felder Community Hospital.
2. Describe the three performance areas and their purpose in the health information management (HIM) department.
3. Describe the functions of the three performance areas in the HIM department.
4. Describe how the technology has improved or been detrimental to HIM operations.
5. Include a table or graph comparing and contrasting three observations from the data provided.
a. Explain your observations.