ASSIGNMENT 3: HAPPINESS
Assigned: Friday, February 2
Due: Thursday, February 8, uploaded to CANVAS no later than 11:59 PM
The Architecture of Happiness, chapter 1, “The Significance of Architecture”.
The first step toward understanding an author’s premise(s) and supporting argument(s) is to list and define unfamiliar words or terms you encounter while undertaking a close reading.
Then, construct a formal outline using complete, understandable sentences instead of just a few words or phrases. Research classic outline form and use the provided template as a guide. Be sure to identify the author’s main argument(s) and supporting details.
- Analyze the text.
- List and define words or terms you find unfamiliar using the Oxford English Dictionary.
- Construct a formal outline of the text using complete, understandable sentences and not just selective words or phrases (please see template on following page).
- Identify the author’s introductory premise, claim or thesis.
- Note all the main points the author makes.
- List all the supporting details, facts, or information provided.
- Include all the relevant sub-points as well.
- Continue this process of analyzing and outlining the entire text.
Scan the pages of your journal to create a PDF or save your digital file as a PDF and upload it CANVAS in the appropriate assignment folder. Please use the following file naming convention: