Read “Space Age Furniture Company” in Chapter 9 of your text. Respond to the following and include any Materials Requirement Planning (MRP) calculations:
- Develop an MRP for Space Age Furniture Company using the information in the case including the production of sub-assemblies in lot sizes of 1,000.
- The lot size of 1,000 for sub-assemblies has produced a lumpy demand for part 3079. Suggest ways for improvements over sub-assemblies in lot sizes of 1,000.
- Analyze the trade-off between overtime costs and inventory costs.
- Calculate a new MRP that improves the base MRP.
- Compare and contrast the types of production processing—job shop, batch, repetitive, or continuous—and determine which the primary mode of operation is and why.
- Describe ways that management can keep track of job status and location during production.
- Recommend any changes that might be beneficial to the company and/or add value for the custome