Defining Power hard and Soft Counter-terrorism
Criteria for Paper Three
- Select one theme discussed in chapters 10 through 13 of our textbook.
- Go to scholar.google.com and search for published articles on that theme.
- Filter your results to show only those works published this year.
- Select five articles that interest you the most and read them thoroughly. (You will most likely need to retrieve the articles from EBSCO host.)
- In a well-written paper, provide the following:
- A description of the theme as our textbook discusses it.
- What the articles you have selected say about the theme. Where do they agree? Where do they disagree?
- Now that you have reviewed at least six sources on this theme (our textbook and the five articles), what is your perspective?
- Papers must adhere to the following guidelines PRIOR to submission on or before the last day of Week 6:
- The first page of your paper will be a cover sheet correctly formatted according to APA guidelines.
- This paper will use 1-inch margins, Times New Roman 12-point font, and double spacing.
- The citations for each article MUST be correctly formatted according to APA guidelines. Do NOT use an automated citation manager to perform this function. Do it manually for this assignment and check your formatting against available APA resources.
- Excluding the cover page and references, this paper must EXCEED 8 pages of written text.
- Only COMPLETE paragraphs consisting of an introductory sentence, a full explanation of key points supported with properly cited sources, and a concluding sentence may be used.
- Only use published articles from academic texts, such as those found at scholar.google.com or accessed through your Grantham University EBSCO host account.
- The entire paper must be your original work. It may not include quotes, and at no time should text be copied and pasted.
- This paper DOES require an introductory paragraph, explicit thesis statement, concluding paragraph, and references page.
- text book: Terrorism and counterterrorism. author Brigette L. Nacos 5th edition chapter 10-13