Critical Thinking and Decision-Making Outcomes
Part 1.- within 100 words minimum answer the following questions
- Explain the critical thinking methods, tools, and techniques in business scenarios.
Contemporary Management, Ch. 4: Ethics and Social Responsibility
- What is the relationship between ethics and the law?
- What are the four main approaches toward social responsibility that a company can take?
- What are the four main approaches toward social responsibility that a company can take?”
- What are the four approaches that you gleaned from the material and which has the most value? Justify your post.
Contemporary Management, Ch. 7: Decision Making, Learning, Creativity, and Entrepreneurship
- How can managers encourage and promote entrepreneurship to create a learning organization?
- How does organizational learning and creativity play in helping managers to improve their decisions?
- ways critical thinking is used to mitigate risk and uncertainty in business situations.
Risk Mitigation Practices Becoming Less Stratified
Sinnock, B., (2013). Risk mitigation practices becoming less stratified. Origination News, 23(1), n/a.
9. The article “Risk Mitigation Practices Becoming Less Stratified” by Bonnie Sinnock poses some great thoughts of reflection. Specialty areas vs holistic approach. How do you define each approach?
10. Relating this to your current employer which approach do they use? If they are focused on specialty areas can they benefit from a holistic approach and vice versa if they are holistic focused would they benefit from specialty areas.
11. Explain the ethical implications when making business decisions.
12. Evaluate corporate social responsibility and how critical thinking is applied to business scenarios.
Purpose of Assignment
This assignment is designed to identify how decisions impact a business. Corporations have an obligation to be ethical at all times. For this assignment; the student will identify potential ethical implications surrounding the decision, and how this may impact the decision-making process. From there, corporate social responsibility will be explained and how it can impact the outcome of decision-making for an organization.
Identify a business in your local community. This can be your current place of employment or a business with which you are familiar.
Develop a 1,050-word examination of the ethics and social responsibility practices within the organization.
Include the following in your examination:
- Select a business decision within the organization.
- Identify the potential ethical implications associated with this decision.
- Determine the effect this may have on the decision-making process.
- Identify how the organization applies corporate social responsibility to the business.
- Evaluate the influence that corporate social responsibility has on the organization.
- Discuss the application of critical thinking to corporate social responsibility.
Format the assignment consistent with APA guidelines.
|Content||Met||Partially Met||Not Met||Comments:|
|The student selected a business decision made within the organization.
|The student identified the potential ethical implications associated with this decision.|
|The student determined the effect this may have on the decision making process.|
|The student identified how the organization applies corporate social responsibility to the business.|
|The student evaluated the influence that corporate social responsibility has on the organization.|
|The student discussed the application of critical thinking to corporate social responsibility.|
|The paper is 1,050 words in length.|
|Total Available||Total Earned|
|Writing Guidelines||Met||Partially Met||Not Met||Comments:|
|The paper—including tables and graphs, headings, title page, and reference page—is consistent with APA formatting guidelines and meets course-level requirements.|
|Intellectual property is recognized with in-text citations and a reference page.|
|Paragraph and sentence transitions are present, logical, and maintain the flow throughout the paper.|
|Sentences are complete, clear, and concise.|
|Rules of grammar and usage are followed including spelling and punctuation.|
|Total Available||Total Earned|