Database systems homework.
Create a voiceover PowerPoint presentation or Notes in your presentation to explain how you would design the database system, focusing on the tables you will create in this database, the attributes of each table, and the primary keys of each table to address the requirements of the store owners.
A used-book store has been in business for over a month. The owners have been so busy that they have not had time to design and implement a computer-based system to track their operation. They would like to build a database system to help the business.
You are hired to design, program, and implement a database to help this bookstore. You will work on this project from Module 1 through Module 4. By Module 4, the database you develop will be able to provide the following information:
- Employee information (e.g., employee name, address, phone number, hiring date, salary, etc.).
- Information about the books and CDs in the bookstore (e.g., title, author, price, etc.).
- Sales of CDs and books, searchable by date
- Current inventory status of books and CDs
- Any other output you think appropriate
Please note that above is the final output of the system you are about to design by the end of Module 4.
This is the relevant data for the first month of operation. The owners have saved the information in an Excel file. You might want to take the data into consideration when you design the database.
|Product ID||Product Name||Unit Price||Cost as
% of Price
|42||War and Peace||$45||50%||14||2|
|44||The Emperor’s New Clothes||$40||50%||12||0|
|46||For Whom the Bell Tolls||$35||50%||10||2|
|48||Pride and Prejudice||$25||50%||5||0|
|Trans ID||P.O. Number||Product ID||Trans Code||Date||Customer ID||Units Sold||Cashier|
|1||393432||42||2 (credit card)||1/10/15||4269||3||Jason|
SLP Assignment Expectations
Note: The SLP assignment in each module is built around this bookstore project, and each assignment is built on the previous one. By the end of this course, your report will need to satisfy all requirements of this project.
In Module 1, your task is to:
- Discuss the kinds of data needed for such a system (attributes), and the data types of these attributes.
- Create a voiceover PowerPoint presentation or Notes in your presentation to explain how you would design the database system, focusing on the tables you will create in this database, the attributes of each table, and the primary keys of each table to address the requirements of the store owners.