Consider the differences between targeted marketing and mass marketing and what led to the rise of each. Do you think one is more effective than the other? Why, or why not? Are you currently the target market for any goods or services? What compels you to choose one brand over another?
When discussing communication, Auditor General Randall L. Exley explains that how a person communicates (i.e., what channels he or she uses) is just as important as the message. He also feels that receiving feedback is often more important than sending a message. Knowing your receivers and establishing a relationship with them is vital (Skidmore-Williams, 2013).
What do you think about Exley’s ideas about communication? Do you agree that it is more about listening than talking? Is audience analysis as important of a concept as he believes it to be? Explain.
Target Marketing Essay Choose a business-to-consumer (B2C) or business-to-business (B2B) company that uses target marketing. Then, you will need to complete the following list:
- Briefly introduce the company you have chosen.
- Gather examples of its activities and products that support its business model. Remember to properly cite and reference the sources of information you find. You should have at least two references from business-related or news websites.
- Explain each of the four bases for segmenting consumer markets or each of the five bases for segmenting business markets.
- In the company you chose, describe which of these bases for segmenting markets is used, and describe how the selected segmenting options are achieved.
- Examine how these factors influence the promotional strategies of your chosen company. Your essay must be at least four pages in length and double-spaced, not counting the title and reference pages. All sources used must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations. Use APA style guidelines for formatting.
For this assignment, compare and contrast two communication techniques that can be used to improve employee trust and engagement. Feel free to use the channels or techniques discussed in “Communication Provides Foundation for Being a Best Place to Work” by Kathleen Skidmore-Williams—an article or feel free to research your own.
Your assignment should include the components below:
- Explain why communication is essential in an organization.
- Explain the ways that effective communication improves employee trust and engagement. Focus on comparing/contrasting two types of channels or techniques (e.g., on-site meetings, employee surveys, workshops).
- Explain the types of situations where each channel or technique would be most effective. Provide examples and facts for your audience. Avoid simply offering an opinion; rely on valid, academic research.