1. Compare and contrast the definitions of Yoga in the Kaṭha Upanisad and Yoga Sūtra, and the key ideas and practices associated with these
2. Tip: as a starting point, see read the definition of Yoga in Kaṭha Upaniṣad, p. 246, and also study chapter three; for the Yogasūtra, start with the opening definition of yoga (p. 29)
1. Barbara Stoler Miller (trans.), Yoga: Discipline and Freedom. The Yoga Sutra At-
tributed to Patanjali. New York: Bantam Books, 1998.
2. James Mallinson (trans.),The Gheranda Samhita: The Original Sanskrit and an
English Translation. Woodstock, NY: YogaVidya.com, 2004
3. Outside source only from scholar publications
4. Cite your source