Company: XYZ Consulting
Is a 100-person consulting company that specializes in data management, data governance, and BI. They are a 10 year old company having difficulties understanding how to estimate future revenue and costs. You are assigned as the PM, you have a business analyst and technical resource assigned to your team. The BA is brand new to the company and the technical resource is currently part of 4 project teams. The project has high visibility and importance to the CEO. He wants to do periodic check-ins and wants the project to move as fast as possible.
Timeline: 6 months
Key Stakeholders: CEO, controller, VP of HR
What I want: A forecasting and budget tool that outlines both income and costs for the fiscal year by month.
· Existing business by month
· New business/sales by Month
· Number of resources, two types: senior and junior
· Resource hiring and attrition
· Training expense
· Meals and entertainment
· Dynamic – can change an input and everything changes
· Tied to company metrics
· Allows us to understand who we hire, type, comp level, what can we afford, and impact to budget
· What if one month is off
· What if/scenario planning
· Integrated with time tracking and financial systems
· Accounts for historical trends and seasonality
Assignment: Write a project charter (using the format provided) using the above information.