BUSI3030 – International Supply Chain Management
Student Name: ___________________________ StudentID: ______________
Essay (30%) – Due 4pm Friday 1 September 2017
Choose one of the following three topics:
Topic 1:Do developments in international supply chain management technology and infrastructure provide a further advantage for developed countries, or do they have the potential to level the international playing field?
Topic 2:To what extent will issues of environment and sustainability impact international supply chain management over the coming years?
Topic 3:What are the risks, issues, opportunities, and impacts of the recent trends of trade protectionism and nationalist policies of some countries?
|1.||Depth and Breadth of Knowledge Demonstrated
· All relevant ideas, concepts, theories covered with clear explanation, and with clear recognition of the provisional nature of knowledge and/or multiple perspectives possible.
· Clear evidence of a wide range of relevant, current and credible sources used to answer/explore/argue the question.
· Goes beyond listed resources to carry out independent research
· Clarifies important definitions and terminology;
· Demonstrates a solid understanding of research about the topic.
|2.||Quality of Thinking Evidence
· Ideas, theory and information sources well integrated to provide sound argument for the conclusion(s) reached.
· Applies all relevant theory with precision and rigor to resolve the problem/issue.
· Use of a range of well-selected examples and research to effectively support the points being made.
· Identification of all relevant factors/matters pertinent to the problem, case, or issue and recognition of the significance of any inter- relationships.
· Critically evaluates information/evidence (e.g. in terms of reliability, validity, significance, relevance, contradictions, linkage to theory).
|3||Quality of Communication
· Judicious use of headings, sub-headings and other organisational methods (such as tables, charts, diagrams) to facilitate understanding on the part of the reader.
· Ideas flow clearly and coherently, with appropriate use of paragraphs to make points.
· Expression clear, fluent precise, focused on the question, within word limit, and in the appropriate genre.
· Grammar, spelling & punctuation is virtually free of errors.
· Introduction outlines purpose and focus;
· Main points discussed in logically sequential paragraphs;
|4.||Conformance with RSM formatting guidelines and referencing standards
· Application of referencing style stipulated in course outline
· Source material acknowledged, with appropriate, balanced use of paraphrasing, summarising and quoting.
· Adherence to all formatting requirements.
F = Fail; P = Pass; CR = Credit; D = Distinction; HD = High Distinction
Overall Mark: /30