Assignments and Rubrics Assignment 1: Economic Brief Due Week 5, worth 150 points This assignment is aligned to these course outcomes: • Explain economic principles and their applications in the real world. • Summarize the different types of market structures and the role of government in economics. In the workplace, we are often asked to create “briefs.” A brief provides a snapshot, or short, written summary, of a situation or event that has occurred. It is generally just a few pages long and may include additional visuals like a graph, chart, or table. In this assignment, write a brief about economic concepts in an industry that interests you. Industry Selection and Background Resources Use this resource to select an industry: • NAICS (North American Industry Classification System) These resources are available to help you identify a U.S. industry and the products and services it provides: • Mergent Online Help Video on Mergent Industry Reports • Business Source Complete United States Industry Profiles All Industry Profiles by Country (select Industry Profiles in the left menu Source Types) • Flipster Online Magazines Scroll through to view these recommendations: Bloomberg Businessweek and Fast Company Preparation 1. Begin this assignment by selecting an industry (and/or subsector) from the NAICS list. 2. To best prepare for this assignment, it will be important to review the industry background resources above, The Little Book of Economics and the OpenStax chapter readings, as well as your prior discussion board questions and responses. 3. Use the optional template to help you get started. 4. Get familiar with the Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). (See Instructions below.) Instructions Develop an economic brief that is two to three (2-3) pages long in which you: 1. Select an industry and describe the goods and/or services this industry produces. Pick an industry from the NAICS list. 2. Identify this industry’s market structure and at least two or more market characteristics that support this market structure. (Market structures are covered in Weeks 3 and 4.) 3. Describe any notable microeconomic relationships, market outcomes, and/or trends in this industry. Include a graph, chart, or table containing related data. (Microeconomic relationships and market outcomes are covered in Weeks 2 through 4.) ECO100 – Principles of Economics © 2018 Strayer University. All Rights Reserved. This document contains Strayer University confidential and proprietary information and may not be copied, further distributed, or otherwise disclosed in whole or in part, without the expressed written permission of Strayer University. Page 2 of 3 4. How might government impact this industry’s market prices, output, and/or market structure? (Government intervention through price controls, industry regulations, and antitrust enforcement is covered in Weeks 2 and 4.) 5. This course requires use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different compared to other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details. (Note: You’ll be prompted to enter your Blackboard login credentials to view these standards.) o Your brief should include a cover page. o Your brief should be two to three (2-3) pages in length (not including the cover page), double-spaced, 12-point font. o Your brief should include a minimum of one (1) reference/citation in the text
Submit Your Instructions to Writers for FREE!!
Enjoy Our Unique Features!
Chat with every writer who applies to your request, and view their skills and portfolio. Make the choice that’s right for you.
MANAGE YOUR ORDER:
Monitor progress and see any changes made. Have full control over every phase of the process.
Ask your writer questions and provide your ideas about your paper. Produce the exact result that you want.
ENJOY THE OUTCOME:
Get everything done on time with high quality. Writing papers is much simpler with us.
Submit Your Instructions to Writers for FREE!!
Ask, Learn and Understand!
What Are You Waiting For?
Get Top-notch Help from Professional Writers
Do you need assistance with your website’s content, with a presentation or with some other task? Our highly professional writers will gladly assist you! We are proud of our writers, who will offer you the best solution to your problem while following your guidelines and instructions.
You will enjoy:
An individual approach to your work
Fast delivery of the product
Expert help and advice with any task
You can communicate with our experts directly and discuss all issues concerning your work. Moreover, you can specify your own recommendations and follow the process. Get unique writings on any topic and of any size with the help of our service. We are here to help you succeed!
- Agenda building is often the first step in your policy practice tasks. Building a solid agenda may well determine the success of the development of a policy proposal and may also determine your success in placing an issue in front of a decision maker.
- Explore the cycle of violence by analyzing how attribution theory helps to either cover up or uncover a core issue in domestic violence relationships. Using specific examples, describe how the “even if” technique can be employed to help the victim attribute causality
- Identify and analyze a specific need identified by a community. This includes: •Writing a mission statement for the agency you would create to respond to this need. Constructing an effective community organization model to address the identified need utilizing all the information you have researched in this course.
- 1. Choose five U.S. government policies that affect trade with foreign nations. Identify three factors of production, and describe how their mobility is good or bad for U.S. trade
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Division of Informatics and Surveillance website contains a number of resources nurses could innovatively incorporate in care delivery