For this assignment, prepare a PowerPoint presentation that details the history of domestic terrorism in the United States. In your presentation, discuss the two most infamous acts of domestic terrorism, the Oklahoma City bombings, and the attacks of September 11, 2001,
For this assignment, prepare a PowerPoint presentation that details the history of domestic terrorism in the United States. In your presentation, discuss the two most infamous acts of domestic terrorism, the Oklahoma City bombings, and the attacks of September 11, 2001, which led to the creation of Homeland Security in 2003. Also distinguish between left-wing terrorist groups, right-wing terrorist groups, and foreign terrorist groups that are active in the U.S. Briefly explain each type of terrorist group, including their domestic terrorism philosophies; include the act or acts of terrorism that the group has performed domestically. Detail at least 5 challenges that these domestic terrorist groups present to Homeland Security.
Your presentation should consist of no less than seven (7) slides, excluding the title slide and references slide. Thus, a proper presentation should have a total of 9 slides at a minimum. Below is a suggested format for your presentation to help you get started.
Suggested Presentation Format:
- Title (Slide 1)
- Summary of Domestic Terrorism the U.S. (Slide 2)
- Details of the creation of the Department of Homeland Security and its purpose (Slides 3-4)
- Agencies that make up the Department of Homeland Security (Slide 5)
- Left-wing & Right-wing Terrorist Groups (Slide 6)
- Foreign-born terrorist groups (Slide 7)
- Challenges to Homeland Security (Slide 8)
Click here to download a preformatted template for this PowerPoint assignment.
Review the document Brief History of the Department of Homeland Security. This document will help you prepare your presentation.
Brief History of the Department of Homeland Security: 2001-2008: U.S. Department of Homeland Security. Retrieved from https://www.historyassociates.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/US-Department-of-Homeland-Security-Brief-History-2001-2008.pdf
In addition to fulfilling the specifics of the assignment, a successful presentation must also meet the following criteria:
- Length of the presentation should be at least 7 slides, excluding cover slide and references slide(s).
- Viewpoint and purpose should be clearly established and sustained.
- Assignment should follow the conventions of Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.).
- Writing should be well ordered, logical and unified, as well as original and insightful.
- Your work should display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics.
- Appropriate citation style should be followed.
Submit your assignment to the Dropbox by the end of Unit 8 in the basket titled Unit 8: Assignment.
Download the Assignment Checklist