Analyzing and Resolving Resource Conflict with Executive Management This work is designed to evaluate your ability to anticipate and resolve a resource constraint.
Analyzing and Resolving Resource Conflict with Executive Management
This work is designed to evaluate your ability to anticipate and resolve a resource constraint.
You will learn how to use emotional intelligence (EI) and conflict resolution skills when working with stakeholders that can have a positive or negative influence on the project. Managing project resources is a difficult task. Please note that resources include team members, capital, supplies, equipment, services, technology, and facilities. For the project to be successful, the resources must be available when needed. The project manager must work closely with functional managers (i.e., departmental managers) to ensure the right resources are assigned to the project, especially people. Given that resources can be scarce, conflict often arises regarding the use of resources.
For this work, please prepare a PowerPoint® Presentation with audio and use the notes area where you describe the following items from the standpoint of the project manager:
1. How can you use emotional intelligence (EI) to help you have an effective relationship with functional managers regarding the use of resources?
2. When working with executive-level stakeholders, project managers must be skilled at conflict resolution and the types of powers they can leverage. From your experience and research, discuss the conflict resolution skills and powers that are most effective in this situation?
3. Describe a model of problem solving you might use to get buy-in from stakeholders.
● PowerPoint presentation with audio delivery with a FEMALE VOICE.
● A table of contents using the following headers: Introduction, Emotional Intelligence (EI), Conflict Resolution Skills, Problem-Solving Technique, Conclusion, and References.
● Inclusion of speaker’s notes is required for applicable slides.
● A minimum of three scholarly journal and textbook source references cited and credited according to APA 6th edition formatting style using a minimum of six in-text citations. Hanging indent not required for PowerPoint, but proper APA 6th edition format is necessary.
● Please use as many slides necessary to make an effective presentation.
● A good general rule is to have 6-8-words per bullet. For additional information, use speaker’s notes.
● Images and graphs are effective, but must be appropriate for a professional presentation.
PowerPoint includes clear discussion regarding the benefits of emotional intelligence (EI) to help you have an effective relationship with functional managers regarding the use of resources. 15 points
PowerPoint addresses the conflict resolution skills that project managers can leverage when working with executive-level stakeholders. 15 points
PowerPoint includes a problem-solving approach that can be used to get buy-in from stakeholders. Includes: (a) identify the problem, (b) define the problem, (c) investigate, (d) analyze, (e) solve, and (f) check the solution. 15 points
Analysis Response exhibits strong higher-order critical thinking and analysis (e.g., evaluation). Submission shows original thought. 5 points
Analysis includes proper classifications, explanations, comparisons, and inferences. 5 points
Critical thinking includes appropriate judgments, conclusions, and assessment based on evaluation and synthesis of information. 5 points
Writing (0-15 points)
Grammatical skills are strong with typically less than one error per slide. Correct use of APA 6th edition. 5 points
Appropriate to the Assignment, fresh (interesting to read), accurate, (no far-fetched, unsupported comments), precise (say what you mean), introduction and conclusion, and concise (not wordy). 5 points
PowerPoint is free of serious errors; grammar, punctuation, and spelling help to clarify the meaning by following accepted conventions. At least three scholarly journal and textbook sources, at least six in-text citations, and references in APA 6th edition format. 5 points
Total 75 points