After completing the business simulation at a competent level, you will work as a team to create a presentation for stockholders and the board of directors for review. Your presentation should justify your team’s decisions throughout the simulation. Your presentation will also evaluate the current state of the business for team members’ respective roles or functional areas. Members of the team will be responsible for creating the slides for the area(s) they were in charge of during the simulation.
Note: Do not include confidential information about yourself or others in your presentation, such as personal details and contact information, nor the identity and location of coworkers, organizations, and their contact information. This information refers to text, graphics, photographs, tables, and figures.A. Submit an attached screenshot of the round eight Balance Scorecard Report in Capsim, with an overall score of fiftieth percentile or higher.
Note: Instructions for accessing the balanced scorecard can be found in the Capsim Step by Step Guide.
B. Create a team multimedia presentation (e.g., PowerPoint, Keynote) for the board of directors and stockholders in which you do the following:
Note: The slides in your presentation should include only the main points you wish to make, with more extensive information included in the presenter notes section of the presentation. Each student should focus solely on their functional area when answering the questions (e.g., research and development, marketing, finance, or production).
1. Describe the impact the company strategy had on your functional area in the simulation.2. Reflect on the decisions that were made for your functional area in the simulation by doing the following:
Note: Your reflection may include graphs and other data.
a. Discuss decisions that you would change.b. Discuss decisions that had a positive impact.
3. Develop the strategic outlook for your functional area in the simulation by doing the following:a. Complete a function-specific SWOT analysis.i. Discuss future implications of this analysis.b. Recommend future decisions for your functional area in the simulation.
C. Submit the completed “Assignment Designation Form.”
D. Prepare a written report to discuss the overall performance of the business compared to the financial reports from the simulation by doing the following:
Note: Aspects D 1-5 may be developed individually or as a team.
1. Analyze your performance for three of the eight years in comparison to one of your competitors on each of the following: • return on sales (ROS)• return on assets (ROA)• return on equity (ROE)
Note: The analysis should include definitions of the financial statistics that occurred for three years during the competition rounds. Refer to the Capsim reports including the Capstone Courier and Annual Report for the required data.
a. Include the following graphs in your analysis:• ROS summary graph from the Annual Report into your report to support your data.• ROA summary graph from the Annual Report into your report to support your data.• ROE summary graph from the Annual Report into your report to support your data.
b. Discuss how financial leverage explains the difference between ROA and ROE.
2. Analyze your company’s performance for three of the eight years in comparison to one of your competitors on each of the following:• stock price• dividends• earnings per share• bond rating (if applicable)
a. Include the Stock Price Summary graph from the Capstone Courier in your analysis.
3. Analyze the financial standing of your company by comparing your results from round eight to one of your competitors for each of the following statements:• balance sheet- current ratio- total assets- total liabilities & owner’s equity• income statement- net profit- contribution margin- sales
4. Analyze the beginning and ending cash position from your statement of cash flows from round eight on each of the following:• cash flow from operating activities• cash flow from investing activities• cash flow from financing activities
5. Discuss how each of the three ethical vignettes presented impacted the company’s financial performance.
E. When you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.
Note: For definitions of terms commonly used in the rubric, see the Rubric Terms web link included in the Evaluation Procedures section.